Hetjur Valhallar - ÞórLegends of Valhalla - Thor
- Óskar Jónasson, Toby Genkel, Gunnar Karlsson
- Iceland, Germany, Ireland (Eire)
- Adventure, Animation, Fantasy
- Fridrik Erlingsson, Toby Genkel, Mark Hodkinson, Óskar Jónasson
- (Icelandic version) Atli Rafn Sigurðarson, Egill Ólafsson, Þórhallur Sigurðsson, Justin Gregg, Paul Tylak, Nicola Coughlan
- CAOZ Ltd, Iceland / Ulysses, Germany/ Magmafilm Ireland
The young blacksmith Thor dreams of greatness, honour and respect but his mother has other and more practical plans for him. Legend has it that he is the son of Odin, the King of the Gods and the villagers believe that they live under Odin’s godly protection.
What no on knows is that Hel the Queen of the Underworld is brewing an evil plot that endangers both men and gods. By sheer accident or perhaps by fate the most powerful weapon in the world, the hammer Crusher, ends up in Thor’s hands. When giants swarm the lands capturing among others Thor’s best friend Edda, Thor must master both himself as well as his new friend in order to stand a chance against evil forces.
Festivals & Academy awards and others
Edda Awards (The Icelandic Film and TV Awards) 2012
Winner at Best Editing - Elísabet Ronaldsdóttir (CAOZ hf.).
Winner at Best Set Design - Gunnar Karlsson (CAOZ hf.).
Nominated also to: Best Music - Stephen McKeon (CAOZ hf.), Best Sound - Patrick Drummond (CAOZ hf.), Director of the Year - Óskar Jónasson
(CAOZ hf.) and Screenplay of the Year - Friðrik Erlingsson (CAOZ hf.).
IFTA - Irish Films & Television Awards 2012
Nominated to Best Original Score (Film/TV Drama) - Stephen McKeon
Spain (3 of October 2014)